- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Charlotte V. Sherfield, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Sept. 15, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Nov. 16, 1920, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles F. and Helen Rose Marie Kies Blattner. She and Lester I. Sherfield were married Feb. 14, 1942, in San Luis Obispo, Calif. He died Sept. 27, 2000.
Sherfield had been a secretary for the U.S. Intelligence in Germany, Army Hospital in Munich, Germany, Doane Agriculture Service in St. Louis 17 years, and Hawthorn School in Cape Girardeau. She was a former deaconess at Evangelical United Church of Christ and former member of the Mary Martha Circle, member of an extension club, and volunteer at Southeast Hospital 20 years.
Survivors include a daughter, Judy Lyle of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Paul Blattner of Gordonville, Charles Blattner of Benton, Ky.; two sisters, Jean Henry of Creve Coeur, Mo., Barbara Schaffner of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Randy Heckman and David Schaffner officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park