- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Young girl shot, killed by brother
CONRAN, Mo. -- A 7-year-old girl was killed when a gun accidentally discharged.
Sydney Beth Pikey of Conran was pronounced dead Monday at the St. Louis Children's Hospital from a gunshot wound. According to the New Madrid County Sheriff's Department, the girl was shot by her 6-year-old brother at 6:27 p.m. Sunday at the children's home in Conran.
New Madrid County Sheriff Terry Stevens said the child was shot in the head when the .32 caliber revolver discharged.
The girl was taken by helicopter to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau then transferred to St. Louis Children's Hospital.