- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Lowell E. "Skinny" Bartruff, 82, of Las Vegas, Nev., died Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2003, at UMC Hospital in Las Vegas.
He was born Nov. 28, 1921, in Anna, son of Ernest and Leona Irwin Bartruff. He and Fern Brown were married July 4, 1950, in San Bernardino, Calif.
Bartruff was a 1940 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro Community High School.
He served in the U.S. Army/U.S. Air Force from 1940 to 1961. He was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Lowell and James Bartruff of Las Vegas; two daughters, Brenda Cornelius and Connie Gillium of Russellville, Ky.; two sisters, Velma Mull of Annandale, Va., Norma Conant of Jonesboro, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Jean Simmons of Mountainburg, Ark.; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Cemetery near Jonesboro, with graveside rites by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.