- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lois Jean Unverferth, 69, of Perryville died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2003, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Feb. 26, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Guy V. and Thelma E. Dillingham Rose. She and Thomas "Pete" Unverferth were married Feb. 11, 1956. He died Dec. 13, 1983.
Unverferth had been a registered nurse at Perry County Memorial Hospital, and retired as a teacher and nurse from Perryville High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Cheryl Graff of Cape Coral, Fla., Geri Mayer of DeSoto, Mo., Jackie Hofius of St. Louis, Lisa James of Perryville; four sons, Mark and Paul Unverferth of Perryville, Richard and Guy Unverferth of St. Louis; a sister, Elizabeth Grimes of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jerry Rose of Jackson; and 18 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 11 a.m. The rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Bill Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.