- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lois Jean Unverferth, 69, of Perryville died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2003, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Feb. 26, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Guy V. and Thelma E. Dillingham Rose. She and Thomas "Pete" Unverferth were married Feb. 11, 1956. He died Dec. 13, 1983.
Unverferth had been a registered nurse at Perry County Memorial Hospital, and retired as a teacher and nurse from Perryville High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Cheryl Graff of Cape Coral, Fla., Geri Mayer of DeSoto, Mo., Jackie Hofius of St. Louis, Lisa James of Perryville; four sons, Mark and Paul Unverferth of Perryville, Richard and Guy Unverferth of St. Louis; a sister, Elizabeth Grimes of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jerry Rose of Jackson; and 18 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 11 a.m. The rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Bill Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.