- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lois Jean Unverferth, 69, of Perryville died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2003, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Feb. 26, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Guy V. and Thelma E. Dillingham Rose. She and Thomas "Pete" Unverferth were married Feb. 11, 1956. He died Dec. 13, 1983.
Unverferth had been a registered nurse at Perry County Memorial Hospital, and retired as a teacher and nurse from Perryville High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Cheryl Graff of Cape Coral, Fla., Geri Mayer of DeSoto, Mo., Jackie Hofius of St. Louis, Lisa James of Perryville; four sons, Mark and Paul Unverferth of Perryville, Richard and Guy Unverferth of St. Louis; a sister, Elizabeth Grimes of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jerry Rose of Jackson; and 18 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 11 a.m. The rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Bill Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.