- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lois Jean Unverferth, 69, of Perryville died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2003, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Feb. 26, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Guy V. and Thelma E. Dillingham Rose. She and Thomas "Pete" Unverferth were married Feb. 11, 1956. He died Dec. 13, 1983.
Unverferth had been a registered nurse at Perry County Memorial Hospital, and retired as a teacher and nurse from Perryville High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Cheryl Graff of Cape Coral, Fla., Geri Mayer of DeSoto, Mo., Jackie Hofius of St. Louis, Lisa James of Perryville; four sons, Mark and Paul Unverferth of Perryville, Richard and Guy Unverferth of St. Louis; a sister, Elizabeth Grimes of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jerry Rose of Jackson; and 18 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 11 a.m. The rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Bill Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.