- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lois Jean Unverferth, 69, of Perryville died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2003, at Select Specialty Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Feb. 26, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Guy V. and Thelma E. Dillingham Rose. She and Thomas "Pete" Unverferth were married Feb. 11, 1956. He died Dec. 13, 1983.
Unverferth had been a registered nurse at Perry County Memorial Hospital, and retired as a teacher and nurse from Perryville High School. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Cheryl Graff of Cape Coral, Fla., Geri Mayer of DeSoto, Mo., Jackie Hofius of St. Louis, Lisa James of Perryville; four sons, Mark and Paul Unverferth of Perryville, Richard and Guy Unverferth of St. Louis; a sister, Elizabeth Grimes of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jerry Rose of Jackson; and 18 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 11 a.m. The rosary will be recited at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Bill Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.