- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Back spasms bench Rolen
PITTSBURGH -- Third baseman Scott Rolen remained out of the St. Louis Cardinals' lineup Wednesday because of back spasms.
Rolen began having back problems in his hotel room Tuesday and was a late scratch from the Cardinals' lineup that night. Scott Spiezio, recovering from a bout of food poisoning, took Rolen's place and had a tying two-run single in the ninth inning of the team 3-2 win.
With the Cardinals having a day off today at home, manager Tony La Russa rested Rolen again Wednesday.
"It's not much better, so we'll keep him out of this one. He can see our (medical) people and the doctors and, hopefully, we'll get him back this weekend," La Russa said.