- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community briefs 4/12/07
Ill. State Police to hold annual golf outing
The Illinois State Police CARE Bears fourth annual golf outing will be May 12 at Vienna, Ill. Lunch will be provided from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; tee time is 1 p.m. Beverages will be available on the course. Format is a four-person scramble with four players per team (everyone rides). Call (618) 845-3740 for more information.
Contra dance Saturday at Christ Episcopal Church
Cape Friends of Traditional Music and Dance will hold a contra dance from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday at Christ Episcopal Church, 101 N. Fountain St., Cape Girardeau. Gary Watson will be on fiddle, and Gene King will play guitar. All moves are taught and the dances walked through. Everyone is welcome. No partner, costume, or experience is necessary. Donations are requested. Admission is discounted for young dancers to the age of 16. For more information, call John or Kathy Coffman at 334-4706, Judy Bradley at 334-5289 or John Boyd at 335-7315.
MS walk slated for Sunday at Capaha Park
Registration will begin at noon Sunday for the 18th annual Multiple Sclerosis Walk at Capaha Park. The walk will begin at 1 p.m.
Civil War Roundtable meets April 22
The Civil War Roundtable will meet at 2 p.m. April 22 at Hanover Lutheran Church, 2949 Perryville Road, Cape Girardeau. Enactors Scott and Patti House will present "Interpreting the Civil War." New proposed signs for Fort D grounds will be circulated, and photographs from various re-enactments will be part of this presentation. Preparations for the second annual Fort D Days will be finalized.
-- From staff reports