- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
New postmaster for Cape named
Robert R. Fleming, who began his career with the U.S. Postal Service in 1982 in Colorado as a city letter carrier, has been named the new postmaster of Cape Girardeau.
Fleming will begin his assignment April 28. He will manage the mail delivery in Cape Girardeau and manage the Cape Girardeau Processing and Distribution Facility, which handles mail for ZIP codes 636 through 639.
He previously held acting postmaster positions in Golden, Broomfield and Englewood, Colo. In 2004 he was acting manager of delivery programs for the Colorado/Wyoming District in Denver. He most recently was acting manager of customer service operations in Crossroads, Fla.
He succeeds Michael Keefe, who retired Jan. 3. Evelyn Tan-Todd has been serving as acting postmaster since then.