- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PATTON, Mo. -- C.H. "Tony" Altom, 81, of Patton died Tuesday, April 10, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 13, 1925, at Gideon, Mo., son of William and Sloma Kendall Altom. He and Beulah M. Jordan were married Sept. 28, 1946, in St. Louis.
Altom retired as a nursery worker at Pioneer Orchard. He was a member of Mount Carmel Baptist Church.
He served with the Merchant Marines during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, David Altom of Jackson, Michael Altom of Selmer, Tenn.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, four brothers and six sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Roy Michael officiating. Burial will be in Marcus Memorial Cemetery at Fredericktown, Mo., with military honors by Missouri Honors Team.