- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Panthers sweep doubleheader with Redhawks
Southeast Missouri State's softball team's struggles continued Wednesday as the Redhawks dropped a doubleheader at Ohio Valley Conference foe Eastern Illinois.
Southeast fell 3-2 and 11-7 to the Panthers. Amber Peterson had three hits and Lindsay Pickering had two in the second game. In the opener, Southeast managed just four hits.
The Redhawks fell to 4-10 in the OVC and 10-22 overall. Eastern Illinois moved ahead of the Redhawks in the OVC standings at 5-8. Southeast has dropped five straight and eight of its last nine.
Up next for the Redhawks is a weekend home series with Austin Peay starting Saturday.
Southeast Missouri State's tennis team droppped a road match Tuesday to Ohio Valley Conference foe Eastern Illinois.
Southeast fell to sixth in the OVC at 5-4 with a 4-3 loss to the Panthers. The Redhawks split the singles matches but lost two of three doubles matches to give the Panthers the doubles point.
Also on Wednesday, Bryce Kristal was named co-OVC tennis athlete of the week for her performance last week. In three matches last week, Kristal was 3-0 in singles play and 2-1 in doubles.
Eastern Illinois 4, Southeast 3
Singles -- 1. Bryce Kristal (S) def. Sandra Sasidharan 6-0, 2-6, 6-2, 2. Natalie Martin (E) def. Drew Kristal 2-6, 6-2, 6-3, 3. Madina Mambetova (E) def. Luz Garcia 6-0, 6-0, 4. Julia Masotti (S) def. Stephanie Harmazy 6-4, 6-1, 5. Hayley Homburg (E) def. Elise Nattier 6-1, 6-4, 6. Kimmy Anderson (S) def. Carrie Larson 6-2, 6-4
Doubles -- 1. Martin-Homburg (E) def. Kristal-Kristal 8-5, 2. Sasidharan-Mambetova (E) def. Masotti-Nattier 8-1, 3. Garcia-Anderson (S) def. Harmazy-Liniger 8-6
-- From staff reports