- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
O'Hare-Van de Ven
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Patrick and Denise O'Hare of Advance announce the engagement of their daughter, Stacey Michelle O'Hare, to Jason Michael Van de Ven. He is the son of Roy and Sharon Van de Ven of Leopold, Mo.
O'Hare is a 1998 graduate of Advance High School. She received a bachelor's degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003, and expects to receive a master's degree in elementary education with reading certification in 2008. She is a Title I reading specialist with Woodland School District in Marble Hill, Mo.
Van de Ven is a 2000 graduate of Leopold High School. He received a bachelor's degree in business administration from Southeast in 2005. He is director of accounting and finance at Kies Eye Center in Cape Girardeau.
A June 23 wedding is planned at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold.