- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
WWE RAW comingto Cape on May 19
Tickets will go on sale 10 a.m. April 14 for WWE RAW live: WrestleMania Revenge.
The card will include John Cena and Shawn Michaels taking on Edge and Randy Orton in a tag-team world championship match, Jeff Hardy facing Umaga in an intercontintental championship match and the team of Carlito and Torrie Wilson facing Nitro and Melina in a mixed tag-team match.
Tickets range from $21.50 to $61.50.
Tickets may be purchased at the Show Me Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets, showmecenter.biz or by calling 651-5000.
Kurre wins play of dayat Chip-A-Ways golf
The Chip-A-Way ladies golf league opened play Tuesday at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
Marge Kurre won the play of the day, which was shortest drive on No. 2.
Jan Keefe won Class A, Jean Graham topped Class B and Wauniata Van Dyke won Class C.
Five players tied for low putts.
Mizzou Caravan arrivesin area on April 30
The Mizzou Caravan will stop at the Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau on the evening of April 30 with a reception sponsored by the athletic department and the MU Alumni Association.
Men's basketball coach Mike Anderson, wrestling coach Brian Smith and women's basketball coach Cindy Stein are scheduled to make appearances. Mike Kelly, the radio broadcaster for Mizzou athletics, will be the master of ceremonies.
A $10 fee benefiting the Tiger Scholarship Fund is requested per person.
The event includes dinner and door prizes.
Reservations are due by April 18.
For ticket information, contact Matt Lyons at (573) 882-2650.
Area riders win honorsat Sikeston Racepark
The motorsports season kicked off Sunday at Sikeston Racepark with several divisions.
Local winners included Kevin Armstrong of Jackson in the plus-30 class; Darin Crice of Perryville in the 2-stroke division; and Clint Carlton of Cape Girardeau in the production division.
Other top finishers included Austin Shaffer of Chaffee, who was third in the beginner division; Carlton, who was second in the 450-am; Roy Holland of Blodgett, who finished fourth in the plus-30 class; and Armstrong, who was third in the pro class.
Special Olympics trackscheduled for April 14
The Southeast Area Special Olympics track and field meet is slated for April 14 at Central Junior High track. Opening ceremonies will begin at 10 a.m., and the track events will begin at 10:30 a.m.
For information or to volunteer, contact Penny Williams or Amy Roth at 334-2859.
-- From staff reports