- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
No word yet on possible Chrysler sale
The Associated Press
BERLIN -- Shareholders of DaimlerChrysler AG had hoped for a decision on the sale of the money-losing Chrysler unit, or at least news on when that might happen -- but got neither Wednesday at a meeting marked by simmering tension over the automaker's future.
The company's board would acknowledge only that an outright sale was among the options being considered -- despite an ongoing recovery plan to stem losses, cut 13,000 North American jobs and pare back production.
Shareholders -- many of whom have criticized from the start the 1998 merger of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Corp. -- were agitated about the lack of updates.