- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
No word yet on possible Chrysler sale
The Associated Press
BERLIN -- Shareholders of DaimlerChrysler AG had hoped for a decision on the sale of the money-losing Chrysler unit, or at least news on when that might happen -- but got neither Wednesday at a meeting marked by simmering tension over the automaker's future.
The company's board would acknowledge only that an outright sale was among the options being considered -- despite an ongoing recovery plan to stem losses, cut 13,000 North American jobs and pare back production.
Shareholders -- many of whom have criticized from the start the 1998 merger of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Corp. -- were agitated about the lack of updates.