- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
No word yet on possible Chrysler sale
The Associated Press
BERLIN -- Shareholders of DaimlerChrysler AG had hoped for a decision on the sale of the money-losing Chrysler unit, or at least news on when that might happen -- but got neither Wednesday at a meeting marked by simmering tension over the automaker's future.
The company's board would acknowledge only that an outright sale was among the options being considered -- despite an ongoing recovery plan to stem losses, cut 13,000 North American jobs and pare back production.
Shareholders -- many of whom have criticized from the start the 1998 merger of Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Corp. -- were agitated about the lack of updates.