- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert DeWeese, 67, of Perryville died Friday, March 30, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 7, 1940, at Bismarck, Mo., son of Marvin and Estlea Mowery DeWeese. He and Susan Becker were married Nov. 25, 1961.
DeWeese was a millwright with Brown and Root.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Robert DeWeese of Vacaville, Calif.; two daughters, Cindy Wengert of St. Mary, Mo., Stacy Buerck of Perryville; five brothers, Richard DeWeese of Athens, Ala., Lloyd and Kenny DeWeese of Moline, Ill., Ronnie DeWeese of Perryville, Doyle DeWeese of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; a sister, Mary Clifton of Perryville; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his father, a daughter, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Monday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bobby Miller officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.