- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Vernowen "Wade" Mayfield, 81, of Belleville, Ill., died Thursday, March 29, 2007, at Belleville Memorial Hospital.
He was born Aug. 20, 1925, in Scott County, son of Oscar and Hettie Mayfield. He and Dora Dumey were married Sept. 7, 1946. She died Oct. 6, 1991. He and Lucille Fiedler were married Feb. 13, 1993.
Mayfield retired from McDonnell Douglas in St. Louis.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a sister-in-law, Mary Mayfield; two nieces, Sharon (Doug) McKee and Debbe Holley; six stepchildren; 13 stepgrandchildren; and a great-stepgrandchild.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Monday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.