- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Questa Christine Ward of Cape Girardeau asleep in the hope of Christ's resurrection Wednesday, March 28, 2007.
Questa was born Jan. 5, 1978, at Robbins Air Force Base in Warner Robbins, Ga. She was the cherished daughter of Diana Ward-Brittain (Peck), the late Frankie G. Ward, and stepdaughter of Ronald D. Brittain Sr.; beloved sister of Jarrot "J.L.," Jeremiah and Joshua Ward; stepsister of Ronald Jr., Rachel, and Jonathan Brittain; sister-in-law of Kelly Ward, Nikki Ward and Toshie Brittain; precious granddaughter of Elva Lee and Phyllis Peck and the late James and Leora Ward; loving aunt of Jarrot Jr. "J.J." and Zachary Ward; dearest friend, Moe Morris; dear niece, cousin and friend to many.
Questa was an active member of the First General Baptist Church of Jackson. She had a significant impact on the lives she touched with her personable spirit and serving heart.
Questa proved to be an inspiration through the many challenges and adversities she faced. Her love and generosity endures in all of us who knew her and she will be greatly missed.
2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
The visitation will be Sunday from 3 to 8 p.m. at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie, Mo. A prayer service will be held at 6 with the Rev. Mack Williams officiating.
A celebration of Questa's life will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Mann officiating. Interment will follow in Chalk Bluff Cemetery in rural Dexter, Mo.