- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)10
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
ULLIN, Ill. -- Virtus Lucille Twente, 94, of Ullin, formerly of Tamms, Ill., and Columbia, Tenn., died Thursday, March 29, 2007, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 18, 1912, in Thebes, Ill., daughter of James W. and Ada McIvoy Harvell. She married Loyd Arthur Twente, who died Feb. 12, 2006.
Twente was a member of First Baptist Church in Spring Hill, Tenn., and former member of Sandy Creek Baptist Church in Tamms.
Survivors include two daughters, Marilyn Legg of Columbia, Vivian Eudy of McClure, Ill.; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Roper officiating. Burial will be in McCrite Cemetery near Tamms.