- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Scott County accepts bid for mowing cemetery
BENTON, Mo. -- The Scott County Commission accepted a bid Thursday for the mowing of the Forest Hill Memorial Gardens Cemetery near Morley, Mo., by James Watkins of Oran, Mo. Watkins had the low bid at $250 per mowing.
Commissioner Dennis Ziegenhorn said the cemetery will be mowed about every 10 days through the summer. The state attorney general's office put the cemetery in the county's care earlier this month after the owner was no longer able to maintain the cemetery.
Ziegenhorn said he's heard someone may buy the cemetery soon but didn't divulge details.