- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SW Missouri man charged with killing woman, toddler
NEOSHO, Mo. (AP) -- A southwest Missouri man was arrested Thursday in Oklahoma in the killings of a Missouri woman and her 19-month-old daughter.
Michael J. Vincent, 40, of rural Granby in Newton County, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Tammy Mahan, 36, and her daughter, Faithanne Vincent. The two were found dead late Wednesday night in a Granby mobile home.
Newton County Sheriff Ken Copeland said Vincent was arrested in Delaware County, Okla., on Thursday afternoon and was being held on $2 million bond pending extradition to Newton County.
Copeland said deputies went to the Granby mobile home after the victims' relatives called saying they had not been able to contact the victims for a couple of days.
An autopsy is not done, but preliminary signs are that Mahan died from stab wounds and her daughter from suffocation, Copeland said.
Information from: The Joplin Globe, http://www.joplinglobe.com