- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Jenny Lou Isom, 75, of Anna died Thursday, Sept. 11, 2003, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Sept. 10, 1928, in Makanda, Ill., daughter of Gene and Lajunta Ferrill Arnhart. She and Clyde V. Isom were married Jan. 6, 1946, in Osceola, Ark.
Isom was employed at Wal-Mart several years, and was a member of Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, David Isom of Jonesboro, Ill.; three daughters, Louise Connett of Mattoon, Ill., Diane Crider of Gonzales, La., Betty Grove of Danville, Ill.; a brother, George Arnhart of Farmington, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and four brothers.
Friends may call Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Dr. John Connett and the Rev. Keith Crider officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery in Makanda.