- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Jenny Lou Isom, 75, of Anna died Thursday, Sept. 11, 2003, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Sept. 10, 1928, in Makanda, Ill., daughter of Gene and Lajunta Ferrill Arnhart. She and Clyde V. Isom were married Jan. 6, 1946, in Osceola, Ark.
Isom was employed at Wal-Mart several years, and was a member of Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, David Isom of Jonesboro, Ill.; three daughters, Louise Connett of Mattoon, Ill., Diane Crider of Gonzales, La., Betty Grove of Danville, Ill.; a brother, George Arnhart of Farmington, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and four brothers.
Friends may call Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Dr. John Connett and the Rev. Keith Crider officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery in Makanda.