- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Wilbert E. Perr, 80, of Jackson died Sunday, March 25, 2007, at Jackson Manor.
He was born Aug. 22, 1926, in New Wells, son of Edward and Margareta Tiedemann Perr.
Perr formerly was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells, transferring his membership to St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson in the mid-1960s.
He worked for the former Talley MFA, as a mechanic at H&S Equipment and for the former Jackson Hosiery Mill. He and his brother owned and operated Perr Motor in Fruitland from 1964 until it closed in 1989. He also farmed during his working years.
Survivors include a brother, George Perr of Jackson; and two sisters, Melva Leimbach of Jackson and Nelda Palisch of Altenburg, Mo.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Henrich officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.