- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gaytha A. Schmidt, 53, of Altenburg, Mo., died Saturday, March 24, 2007, at her home.
She was born Oct. 20, 1953, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., daughter of Arthur and Margery Sadler Doll. She and Robert Schmidt were married Feb. 10, 1973.
Schmidt was a member of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Jason Schmidt of Altenburg; a brother, Ron Clark of Lithium, Mo.; a sister, Anita Edwards of Colterville, Ill.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, with the Rev. Steven Dressler officiating. Burial will be at the church cemetery.