- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mildred McKee Campbell, 97, formerly of Olive Branch, Ill., and Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, March 24, 2007, at Bellwood Nursing Home in Peoria, Ill.
She was born Oct. 14, 1909, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of Cyrus and Bertha Sickman McGee. She married H. H. Campbell.
She was a member of Howett Street Christian Church in Peoria and the Eastern Star. She had worked as a clerk at Sears in Peoria and had volunteered at Southside Mission.
Survivors include two sons, Dale Campbell of Dunlap, Ill., Dean Campbell of Springfield, Ill., a daughter, Sue Korth of Peoria; nine grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, three sisters, two brothers and a grandson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.