- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Harvey B. Drake, 75, of Perryville died Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 9, 1928, in Boykins, Va., son of A.B. and Minnie Outland Drake. He and Juanita T. Prost were married Sept. 13, 1969, in Hampton, Va.
Drake had been a grocery company manager, and after retiring worked 14 years at Wal-Mart. He also did custom furniture refinishing.
He attended St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, was a member of American Legion Post 133 and VFW Post 4282.
Drake served with the 45th Thunderbirds Unit of the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Alan Drake of Yale, Va.; two sisters, Ruby Smith of Huntersville, N.C., Pearl Carte of Boykins; and a granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Saturday after 6:30 a.m. A VFW service will be held at 6:30 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, with military honors by American Legion Post 133.