- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ruth O. Moran, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, March 21, 2007, at Saxony Village.
She was born May 13, 1923, in Bethany, Mo., daughter of Chas and Millie Yarnell Inks. She and Virgle Moran were married June 25, 1946, in Marthasville, Mo.
Moran served in the Army Air Corps from May 16, 1944, to April 28, 1946.
She was a member of VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Gary Moran of New Smyrna Beach, Fla., Ronald Moran of St. Amant, La., Michael Moran of Danville, N.H., Patrick Moran of Florissant, Mo.; two sisters, Edythe Sheldon of Hickman, Neb., Ruby Stuckey of Hemet, Calif.; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and four sisters.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Karl Leeman officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley, Mo.