- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BELL CITY, Mo. -- Gladys M. Carpenter, 82, of Bell City died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 31, 1924, in Treat, Ark., daughter of Louis H. and Norma Ross Gunter. She and Raymond C. Carpenter were married July 20, 1942, in Dover, Ark. He died March 2, 2005.
Carpenter was a life member of the Church of Christ.
Survivors include six sons, Carl Carpenter of Morley, Mo., Floyd Carpenter of Kevil, Ky., Euel, Larry and Randy Carpenter of Bell City, Jerry Carpenter of Advance, Mo.; three daughters, Shirley Kelley of Wickliffe, Ky., Connie Wyrick of Chambersburg, Pa., Denise Long of Bell City; a brother, Jesse Gunter of Dover; two sisters, Christine Robbins of Lamar, Ark., Imogene Barth of Sacramento, Calif.; 22 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, Mo.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with Bill Bradley and Woodrow Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery near Bell City.