- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Rodney Lee West, 47, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 22, 2007, at his home.
He was born July 31, 1959, in Salinas, Calif., son of Maxamillion Lee and Patricia Leline King West.
West was a retired chef from Chateau Girardeau. He was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and Knights of Columbus Council 5898.
Survivors include two sons, Andrew West of Fredericktown, Mo., Matthew West of Clovis, Calif.; a daughter, Amber West of Clovis; two brothers, Timothy West of Sacramento, Calif., Glen "Bobby" West of Fresno, Calif.; a sister, Wanda Lunsford of Sacramento; fiancee, Rebecca Beussink of Leopold, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill, Mo. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Ralph and Alan Beussink, Andrew West, Jeremy Taylor, Jason James, and Robert "Chuck" James.