- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Shirlene Young, 63, of Sedalia, Ky., died Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2003, at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
She was born June 23, 1940, in Graves County, Ky., daughter of Roy and Bernestine Fisher Loyd. She married J.E. Young.
Mrs. Young was a member of Rhodes Chapel Baptist Church in Lynnville, Ky.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Eric Young of Sedalia, Mark Young of Cape Girardeau, Danny Young of the Hickory community, Ky.; a daughter, Leigh Randall of Arlington, Ky.; a sister, Teresa Snow of Mayfield, Ky.; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, W.C. Crowder and Sammy Crowder; and a sister, Carolyn Loyd.
Friends may call at Byrn Funeral Home in Mayfield from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Bill McAlpin officiating. Burial will be in Maplewood Cemetery in Mayfield.