- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Family: Parents live in Farmington and her husband's family lives in Perryville.
Employer: Mississippi River Rado
Position: Account executive
Community Involvement: Vice Chair for Chamber Young Professionals, Member Cape Chamber of Commerce, Media and Communications Committee and Leadership Development Committee, both for the Cape Chamber; Strategic Growth Council for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Campaign Committee for United Way of SEMO.
Watching her career, her community and her family grow is what keeps Ashley Davis of Cape Girardeau on the move.
"Ashley is extremely involved in the surrounding community," says LeShae Simmons, who nominated her. "She is six months pregnant and still actively participates in all six committees [she is involved with], with swollen ankles and all. She truly wants to see everyone succeed around her and rarely thinks of herself. She is on a mission. I'm sure you'll be hearing much more about Mrs. Ashley Davis."
Davis, an account executive with Mississippi River Radio in Cape Girardeau, assists businesses in getting their message out to the public.
"I really try to help people increase their business and care about our customers," Davis says. "It's not just about making a sale, it's about helping them. It's always fun when I get a call or letter from a customer saying he reached sales for the month."
Davis says she loves meeting new people every day and the excitement that comes with knowing that each day on the job is going to be different.
"It keeps me on my toes," she says.