- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
August "Augie" Hauenschild, 90, of Jackson died Wednesday, March 21, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 24, 1916, near Tilsit, son of August and Lena Nagel Hauenschild. He and Hilda Lange were married Aug. 9, 1941.
Hauenschild was a former member and elder of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Tilsit. He became a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson in 1962.
He was a farmer, and worked for Cape Girardeau County Highway Department 45 years, retiring as county engineer.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Wayne Hauenschild of Florissant, Mo., James Hauenschild of Mascoutah, Ill.; two daughters, Rhonda Cole and Jane Salvatore of Jackson; 11 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant son, a daughter, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Henrichs officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.