- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Jesse Carr, 64, of Anna died Wednesday, March 21, 2007, at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born April 16, 1942, in Cairo, Ill., son of James Parmer and Lela Faye Abney Carr.
Carr was a custodian on a riverboat.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a daughter, Melissa Rider of Johnson County, Ill.; a sister, Susan Nottage of Anna; four brothers, Carl Carr of Grand Chain, Ill., Charles Carr of Belknap, Ill., Paul Carr of Paducah, Ky., and Stanley Carr of Cairo.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Graveside service will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday at Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill., with the Rev. Robert Goins officiating.