- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BENTON, Mo. -- Lora Ellen Clinton, 73, of Benton died Tuesday, March 20, 2007, at her home.
She was born May 29, 1933, at Morley, Mo., daughter of Ralph Dewey and Ruby Lawson Abernathy. She and Troy Davis Clinton were married Feb. 4, 1951, in Piggott, Ark. He died March 29, 1968.
Clinton worked at International Shoe Co., Homestead Distributing in Sikeston, Mo., and 20 years at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee, Mo. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Oran, member and past matron of Morley Chapter 342 Order of Eastern Star.
Survivors include a son, Ralph Clinton of Jefferson City, Mo.; a daughter, Fonda Clinton of Benton; a stepdaughter, Sharon Kimbrell of Centralia, Mo.; a sister, Lois Cook of Cape Girardeau; a grandchild; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a son.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton. An Eastern Star service will be held at 7.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley, Mo.