- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Linda Young, 63, of Mound City died Tuesday, March 20, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 17, 1944, in Mound City, daughter of Frank and Mary Brooks. She married John R. Mikulich, who preceded her in death. She and Willard Lee Young were married in 1983.
Young was a waitress at Chris' Cafe in Urbandale, Ill. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Mound City.
Survivors include her husband; five sons, Shannon Young of Mound City, Lee Young of San Diego, Calif., Al Young of Jackson, John Mikulich of Aberdeen, Md., Allen Young of Yuma, Ariz.; a sister, Sue Porter of Olive Branch, Ill.; four brothers, Harold Garrett of Columbia, Mo., David Garrett of Olathe, Colo., Charles Garrett of Villa Ridge, Ill., Bill Garrett of Nashville, Tenn.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Cemetery in Mounds, Ill., with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Friends are asked to meet at the cemetery.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.