- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Missing youths reportedly seen in New Madrid
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Police are investigating a reported sighting of two Perryville youths who reportedly ran away from home Tuesday morning.
Perry County Sheriff Gary Schaff said Wednesday an employee at the Flying J truck stop in New Madrid, Mo., called saying Brandon Lundmark, 14, and Brianna Williams, 12, may have been in the truck stop's convenience store Wednesday morning.
Schaff said a detective has been sent to investigate the report.
Lundmark reportedly took his father's pickup truck, cash and an ATM card about midnight Monday and then left the area after picking up Williams.
Lundmark's father reported him missing at about 12:28 a.m.
Lundmark is 5-foot, 9-inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.
Williams is 5-foot, 4-inches, 130 pounds and has brown hair and eyes.
Until Wednesday's report at the truck stop, the couple had last been tracked in Cape Girardeau around 1 a.m. Tuesday where they reportedly used the ATM card to withdraw cash.
Police are asking anyone who sees a pewter 2002 Z-71 Chevrolet pickup truck, with a Missouri license 702-RG6, to call their local law enforcement agency.
Schaff said the color of the truck appears to be a light tan color.