- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 3/21/07
Jackson City Hall, 101 Court St., Jackson
Power and light committee
* Approved a motion to set the Spring Clean-Up/Fix-Up Days for the week of April 30 through May 4.
* Approved a motion accepting the bid of Rockhill and Sons Mowing of Jackson in the amount of $1,333 per mowing event, regarding the 2007 Park Mowing Service Project.
* Approved an ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with Rockhill and Sons Mowing, regarding the 2007 Park Mowing Service Project.
* Approved an ordinance accepting dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from Appleton Valley Farm Inc.
* Approved a motion accepting the bid of Robert Boitnott Painting of Cape Girardeau in the amount of $13,000 regarding the city pool painting and upgrade project.
* Approved an ordinance authorizing a contractual agreement with Robert Boitnott Painting regarding the city pool painting and upgrade project.
* Tabled a motion to set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. April 16 to consider the rezoning of Lots 42 through 57 of Nine Oaks Subdivision from R-2 (single-family residential) to R-3 (one- and two-family residential), as submitted by Ronald and Marcia Clark and Bobby and Jane Clark.
* Approved a motion approving a 5 percent beer by-the-drink license for Jackson Pizza Hut, doing business as P.H. of Jackson, Mo. Inc., at 2260 E. Jackson Blvd.
* Approved an original package liquor and Sunday sales liquor license for REMO 1 LLC, doing business as Jackson Bait and Tackle at 1024 N. High St.
* Approved an ordinance approving the voluntary annexation of 1.9 acres of property at 2869 Bainbridge Road as submitted by PB Properties LLC.