- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Scott City Council action 3/21/07
* The council voted 5 to 3 Monday to allow Water Engineering of Sikeston, Mo., to draw up engineering plans for sewer and storm water drainage improvements at 503 Main St.
* The council voted 8 to 0 to pay the first $1,500 in deductibles for medical care and up to $500 in deductibles for prescription costs for its new employee health care plan to take effect April 1.
* The council voted 8 to 0 to raise the monthly pay of fire chief Jay Cassout from $400 per month to $700 per month.
* The council voted 8 to 0 to authorize police chief Don Cobb to purchase a used police cruiser for up to $18,750. The new car is needed, Cobb said, because officer Randy Sloan has returned from military service in Afghanistan, bringing the department back to full staff.