- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kenneth R. Sander, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, March 18, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born June 23, 1936, in Cape Girardeau, son of Frank and Margaret Wisseman Sander. He and Ruth Leible Sander were married March 10, 1972, in Cape Girardeau.
Sander served in the U.S. Navy from May 25, 1959, to May 10, 1963.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape, Eagles Aerie 3775, and Cape Elks Lodge. He worked at Wetterau Foods in Scott City 26 years, retiring in 1999. He loved the outdoors and lived for his grandkids as they were his pride and joy.
He is survived by his wife, Ruth Sander of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Traci Mueller and husband Nathan of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Frank and Tom Sander of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Austin Mueller, and a granddaughter, Ashlyn Mueller, both of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Entombment will be at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.