- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Kenneth R. Sander, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, March 18, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born June 23, 1936, in Cape Girardeau, son of Frank and Margaret Wisseman Sander. He and Ruth Leible Sander were married March 10, 1972, in Cape Girardeau.
Sander served in the U.S. Navy from May 25, 1959, to May 10, 1963.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape, Eagles Aerie 3775, and Cape Elks Lodge. He worked at Wetterau Foods in Scott City 26 years, retiring in 1999. He loved the outdoors and lived for his grandkids as they were his pride and joy.
He is survived by his wife, Ruth Sander of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Traci Mueller and husband Nathan of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Frank and Tom Sander of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Austin Mueller, and a granddaughter, Ashlyn Mueller, both of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Entombment will be at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.