- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
The Shop captures Division I title in men's tournament
The Shop posted a 55-53 victory over Charleston to win the Division I championship in the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department Men's Basketball League playoffs.
Terrance Smith led The Shop with 20 points, while Luther Bonds added 15 points. Ricky Smith netted 15 points for Charleston and Ed Farr had 13.
Bank of Missouri, behind 36 points by Derek Winans, won the third-place game 84-65 over Sandy Helwege Realtor. Danny Doughan added 21 points for the victors. John Oel paced SHR with 26 points.
In Division 2, Rusty Pistols took the title with a 51-31 victory over The Rollmen. Jeremy Snider scored a game-high 16 points for the Pistols. Kevin Williams netted 12 points for The Rollmen. Sportscenter claimed third place with an 81-50 win over the Dirty Birds. Brandon Davis and Ryan Reese scored 20 and 19 points, respectively, for Sportscenter. Jason Stover and Justin Freemen finished with 13 points apiece for the Dirty Birds.
In Division 3, Ressel Special captured the crown with a 45-30 victory over the Misfits. Ben Ressel collected 17 points for Ressel Special. Brett Wright had 16 for the Misfits. T.G. Hoops finished third with an 80-49 victory over Roadrunner Basketball. Craig Ernstmeyer tallied 21 points for T.G. Hoops and Craig Clippard had 19. Ron Styer and Mike McGill scored 16 points apiece for Roadrunner.
In Division 4, Westside Ballers II prevailed in the championship game with a 42-38 victory over the Timberwolves. Fabian Gordan and Shawn May led a balanced Westside attack with nine points apiece. Steve Fowler scored 10 points for the Timberwolves. The B Team claimed third with a 61-51 win over Boothill Basketball. Nick Centanni scored 19 points for The B Team and David Enderle had 14. Mike Riley paced Boothill with 16 points and Steve Holman had 12.
In Division 5, Bank of Advance claimed the title with a 66-57 victory over Bluff City Beer. Myron Minton and Andrew Jenkins paced Advance with 18 points apiece. Richard Dilto scored a game-high 20 points for Bluff City, which also received 17 points from Josh Booth. Marble Hill Machine defeated Mayhem 62-44 in the third-place game. Michale Owens netted 23 points for Marble Hill and Alex Van Gennip had 17. For Mayhem, Jared Tanz scored 17 points and Michael Council had 14.