- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Search continues for boy at Ill. lake
CLINTON, Ill. -- A third day of searching Clinton Lake ended Saturday without sign of an 8-year-old boy who disappeared when his grandfather's fishing boat went over a dam.
Kalin's uncle and grandfather were both killed in the boating accident Wednesday on the central Illinois lake. The bodies of Richard L. Hunter, 59, of Normal, and Jason C. Hunter, 29, were found Thursday in the churning waters at the base of the spillway, state officials said.
Authorities from the Natural Resources Department and the DeWitt County sheriff's office have been looking for the boy below the dam and up to three-quarters of a mile down the stream, Chris McCloud, a spokesman for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, said.
One of the men called 911 around 8:20 p.m. Wednesday and said the boat had run out of gas on the lake, according to authorities.