- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 3/19/07
401 Independence Street
Today at 7 p.m., Study session at 5 p.m.
Invocation by Pastor Sam Ramdial, First General Baptist Church.
* Presentation to Marcia Stone, Missouri Parks and Recreation Association Outstanding Support Staff of the Year award.
* Proclamation for The Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of HSCA Subdivision No. 2.
Second and third readings
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the city ordinances by changing the zoning of a portion of an existing lot in the 200 block of Mount Auburn Road from C-4 to C-2.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to JJP Investments LLC for purposes of constructing and maintaining a commercial parking lot on the south side of Kingsway Drive.
* An ordinance amending the boundaries of Wards 1, 4 and 6 to include properties annexed by the city.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of a resubdivision of lots 36 and 38 of Doctors Park.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Rock Creek Meadows Townhouses Phase VI.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Forest Hills Estates Fourth Addition.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of the Former Public Works Subdivision Phase 2.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Kinder Place.
* An ordinance finding that by reason of age, obsolescence, inadequate or outmoded design or physical deterioration, a certain area in the city has become an economic and social liability, and that such conditions are conducive to ill health, transmission of disease, crime or inability to pay reasonable taxes, and that the redevelopment of such area is necessary and in the public interest.
* An ordinance approving the development plan submitted for the redevelopment of a certain tract of land in the city that has been previously found to be in need of redevelopment in the public interest, said tract being described in Exhibit A; incorporating by reference Chapter 353, Revised States of Missouri 2000, as amended; and containing a severability clause.
* An ordinance establishing the Town Plaza Community Improvement District and approving appointment of the initial board of directors thereto.
* A resolution adopting the fiscal 2007 to 2012 Capital Improvements Program.
Reading and passage
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Zoellner Construction for roof repairs and exterior improvements at Fire Station No. 2.
* Appointment to the Airport Advisory Board.
* Conditional approval of an original package liquor and Sunday sales license for Kurt Schimmer, Discount Smoke Shop, 340 S. Sprigg St., Kurt Schimmer, managing officer.
* Approval of a temporary 5 percent beer by the drink license for John Yallaly, American Legion Post 63, for an event to be held June 8 to 10 at the Arena Building.
* Approval of a 5 percent beer by the drink and Sunday sales license for CLB Enterprises, Rose Bed Inn, 611 S. Sprigg St., James Coley and Eldon Nattier, managing officers.
* A motion accepting the annual city audit prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh and Stroder LLC for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2006.
* A motion accepting the improvements completed on the Bloomfield Road Phase III project from Siemers Drive to just west of the Stonebridge Subdivision Entrance, and authorizing final payment to Nip Kelley Equipment Inc.
* A motion setting a public hearing on the request of the Community Counseling Center Inc. to rezone a 3.88-acre lot at 402 S. Silver Springs Road, at the southeast corner of South Silver Springs and Bloomfield roads, from R-1 single-family residential district to R-4 multi-family residential district, and tabling consideration of a record plat for Silver Springs Apartments.
* A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of the Gary M. Arnold Trust to rezone a 8,250 square foot vacant lot at 1323 West End Blvd. between Wayne and Stoddard streets, from R-2 single-family residential district to R-3 two-family residential district; or in the alternative a motion setting a public hearing on the request.
* A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of Jerry and Carol McGuire for a special-use permit to construct and operate a wedding chapel and banquet hall on an existing vacant lot in the 1900 block of North Sprigg Street, on the west side of the street within an R-2 single-family residential district; or in the alternative a motion setting a public hearing on the request.
* A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of Drury Southwest Signs Inc. for a special-use permit and variance to construct a billboard at the northeast corner of Interstate 55 and Highway 74 within a C-2 general commercial district; or in the alternative a motion setting a public hearing on the request.