- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Helen Fitzgerald, 80, of Mound City died Saturday, March 17, 2007, at her home.
She was born Oct. 30, 1926, in Mayfield, Ky., daughter of John and Mary Brady Hudson Davis.
Fitzgerald was a member of the Ladies VFW Auxillary 2649 in Cairo, Ill., and was a cook 10 years with the Meridian Schools in Mounds, Ill.
Survivors include her husband, Harry Fitzgerald of Mound City; two sons, Mike Davis of Cairo and Jay Fitzgerald of Villa Ridge, Ill.; a daughter, Wanie Lasley of Olive Branch, Ill.; a brother, James Davis of Mound City; two sisters, Francis Warden of Mound City, and Bea Koen of Paducah, Ky.; 11 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev Bill McGhee officiating. Interment will be at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge.