- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Helen Fitzgerald, 80, of Mound City died Saturday, March 17, 2007, at her home.
She was born Oct. 30, 1926, in Mayfield, Ky., daughter of John and Mary Brady Hudson Davis.
Fitzgerald was a member of the Ladies VFW Auxillary 2649 in Cairo, Ill., and was a cook 10 years with the Meridian Schools in Mounds, Ill.
Survivors include her husband, Harry Fitzgerald of Mound City; two sons, Mike Davis of Cairo and Jay Fitzgerald of Villa Ridge, Ill.; a daughter, Wanie Lasley of Olive Branch, Ill.; a brother, James Davis of Mound City; two sisters, Francis Warden of Mound City, and Bea Koen of Paducah, Ky.; 11 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev Bill McGhee officiating. Interment will be at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge.