- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
People on the move 3/19/07
Heartland agent named Realtor of the Year
Denise Stover, a real estate agent with Century 21 Heartland in Jackson, received the Realtor of the Year Award for 2007 from the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors. The event was held at the Elks Lodge in Cage Girardeau on March 10. Winners are nominated by fellow real estate agents based on contributions to the local board and service to the community
Life Care Center hires manager
Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau has appointed Patrick Kennedy as the new rehab services manager. Kennedy, of Cape Girardeau, has 16 years' experience as a PTA and certified wound care specialist as well as 10 years' management experience.
Agent goes to 'Gratitude' seminar
Brenda Miller of Century 21 Heartland qualified to attend and participated in "Gratitude," the Missouri Association of Realtors annual seminar held earlier this year at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City, Mo.
Cape names new public information coordinator
The city of Cape Girardeau has named Michelle Hahn as the new public information manager for their operations. The position was vacated by Tracey Glenn in January. Hahn is a 1990 graduate of Central High School and a 1994 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
Real estate agent receives awards
Ricki Ing received the President's Circle award from Prudential Bridgeport Realtors, placing her in the top 5 percentile of Prudential agents nationwide. She also received the Pinnacle Award of excellent from the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors, the highest award the board gives.
Jackson man earns planning designation
Spencer Verhines, a mortgage financial planner from Jackson with CTX Mortgage, has passed the exams to earn the designation certified mortgage planning specialist, granted by the CMPS Institute of Ann Arbor, Mich. The CMPS Institute is a training and certifying organization for mortgage professionals.
-- From staff reports