- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Melvin L. Griffon, 71, of Jackson, formerly of Fredericktown, Mo., died Saturday, March 17, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Aug. 5, 1935, at Marquand, Mo., son of Earl Lee and Tressie Matthews Griffon. He and Patricia Pracht were married Aug. 2, 1969, in St. Louis.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, David, Tod and Ross Griffon; four daughters, Diana McCoy, Karen Harvey, Michelle Howard and Kelly Griffon; three brothers, John and Robert Griffon and Ray Griffon; a sister, LeeAnna Cox; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at 5:30 p.m. today at Follis and Sons Funeral Home in Fredericktown.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Marcus Memorial Park.