- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Donnie and Judy Hoffard of Johnston City, Ill., announce the engagement of their daughter, Melanie Dawn Hoffard, to Marc Anthony McClure, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Dale McClure of Puxico, Mo., and David and Charlotte Stagner of Cape Girardeau.
Hoffard received a bachelor of science degree in occupational therapy from the University of Southern Indiana. She is an occupational therapist with Rehabcare at Fountainbleau Lodge, and is a self-employed occupational therapist with Missouri First Steps Program.
McClure served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 2000 to 2004, and attended Emmaus Bible College. He is employed with Hal Griffin Roofing in Scott City.
A May 28 wedding is planned at Francine's Gardens.