- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Cannons mark 50th anniversary
Dr. and Mrs. Richard Cannon of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with an open house hosted by their children.
Cannon and Delores Hert were married March 16, 1957, at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Greeley, Colo.
He was a physics instructor 30 years at Southeast Missouri State University, retiring in 2000. She retired in 2003 from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
They have two children, Shelly Hale of Cape Girardeau and Doug Cannon of Springfield, Mo. The couple has four grandchildren, Ryan, Carly and Jenna Hale, and Delaney Cannon.