- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Speak Out 3/18/07
HOW COULD our U.S. representative sit by and let the new federal courthouse plan two fitness centers? There's no reason for these to be in this building. These people do not have time. They're not here in town long enough to use them. They would have to be people using it during their work hours. This money would have been much better spent at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. This is why taxes are as high as they are. It's a shame the money's wasted on frivolous things of this type.
SOMEONE ASKED why the Democrats aren't calling for a timetable to pull out of Bosnia, Germany and Japan. The reason is because there have not been 3,000-plus American soldiers die in all of these countries combined. Do the math.
WHY ISN'T Jackson High School represented at the Southeast Missouri Regional Science Fair? Doesn't Jackson High School want its students to excel?
Time for action
I AGREE wholeheartedly that our government is no longer for the American people. The federal government seems to take pleasure in persecuting its citizens. People have to start writing their legislators. If they won't do anything, vote them out of office. We can turn this around if people get out and vote.
I LOVE TJ Greaney's columns. He's funny and entertaining. I see just what he means by the airplanes. I have been fascinated by them from the time I was a child. When I first moved here 20 years ago, the very first place I took myself and son was to Lambert Airport just to watch the airplanes going up and down. It's so thrilling.
Thanks for checkbook
THANK YOU to the kind man who found my checkbook on the parking lot at Aldi's. May you be blessed with good fortune, good health and much happiness. You have my deep gratitude.