- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Speak Out 3/18/07
HOW COULD our U.S. representative sit by and let the new federal courthouse plan two fitness centers? There's no reason for these to be in this building. These people do not have time. They're not here in town long enough to use them. They would have to be people using it during their work hours. This money would have been much better spent at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. This is why taxes are as high as they are. It's a shame the money's wasted on frivolous things of this type.
SOMEONE ASKED why the Democrats aren't calling for a timetable to pull out of Bosnia, Germany and Japan. The reason is because there have not been 3,000-plus American soldiers die in all of these countries combined. Do the math.
WHY ISN'T Jackson High School represented at the Southeast Missouri Regional Science Fair? Doesn't Jackson High School want its students to excel?
Time for action
I AGREE wholeheartedly that our government is no longer for the American people. The federal government seems to take pleasure in persecuting its citizens. People have to start writing their legislators. If they won't do anything, vote them out of office. We can turn this around if people get out and vote.
I LOVE TJ Greaney's columns. He's funny and entertaining. I see just what he means by the airplanes. I have been fascinated by them from the time I was a child. When I first moved here 20 years ago, the very first place I took myself and son was to Lambert Airport just to watch the airplanes going up and down. It's so thrilling.
Thanks for checkbook
THANK YOU to the kind man who found my checkbook on the parking lot at Aldi's. May you be blessed with good fortune, good health and much happiness. You have my deep gratitude.