- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mary Lou Kiefer, 73, of Perryville died Wednesday, March 14, 2007, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Sept. 30, 1933, in Perry County, daughter of Robert I. and Mary T. Berkbigler Prost. She and Wallace F. Kiefer were married Oct. 23, 1954, at Highland, Mo.
Kiefer was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church at Highland, Blessed Sacrament Sodality, and Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Leo and Ray Kiefer of Perry County, Wayne Kiefer of Bollinger County; two daughters, Bonnie Riehn of Perry County, Margie Sammons of Fenton, Mo.; a sister, Catherine Mattingly of Illinois; 12 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home. The parish wake will be at 7 tonight, and the rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Church in Highland, with the Rev. Robert Brockland officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery.