- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sharon Lee Simpson, 52, of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center, due to complications of diabetes.
She was born Aug. 29, 1954, in St. Louis, daughter of Harold Leroy and Betty Sue Coats Simpson. She and Mike Johnston were married nearly 20 years.
Sharon had been a secretary at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She was formerly of Scott City, and a member of Illmo Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Aaron Johnston of St. Louis; a daughter, Laura Johnston of Columbia, Mo.; her father of Jackson; and a sister, Linda Flanagan of Tyler, Texas.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. today at the chapel. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.
Memorials may be made to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.