- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Sharon Lee Simpson, 52, of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center, due to complications of diabetes.
She was born Aug. 29, 1954, in St. Louis, daughter of Harold Leroy and Betty Sue Coats Simpson. She and Mike Johnston were married nearly 20 years.
Sharon had been a secretary at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She was formerly of Scott City, and a member of Illmo Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Aaron Johnston of St. Louis; a daughter, Laura Johnston of Columbia, Mo.; her father of Jackson; and a sister, Linda Flanagan of Tyler, Texas.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. today at the chapel. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.
Memorials may be made to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.