- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Sharon Lee Simpson, 52, of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center, due to complications of diabetes.
She was born Aug. 29, 1954, in St. Louis, daughter of Harold Leroy and Betty Sue Coats Simpson. She and Mike Johnston were married nearly 20 years.
Sharon had been a secretary at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She was formerly of Scott City, and a member of Illmo Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Aaron Johnston of St. Louis; a daughter, Laura Johnston of Columbia, Mo.; her father of Jackson; and a sister, Linda Flanagan of Tyler, Texas.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. today at the chapel. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.
Memorials may be made to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.