- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
History Day to be held Friday at University Center
About 600 junior high and high school students from Southeast Missouri will compete in the National History Day in Missouri district contest Friday at the University Center in Cape Girardeau.
The theme for this year's competition is "Triumph and Tragedy in History." The competition will be in five categories: exhibit, media, performance, historical paper and Web site.
Project judging will be from 9 a.m. to noon. An awards ceremony will follow at 2 p.m. in Academic Hall.
Winners will advance to the state competition for National History Day April 15 in Columbia, Mo.