- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ZALMA, Mo. -- Lorene Lemons Glenn, 82, of Zalma died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 27, 1924, at Kinder, Mo., daughter of Ben and Berthie Dowler Stroup. She and Elmo Lemons were married May 27, 1941. He died in December 1991. She later married Noel Glenn on June 28, 1993. He died Feb. 6, 2006.
Glenn retired from the cutting department at Inland Shoe Co. in Advance, Mo. She was a member of Oak Grove General Baptist Church at Duck Creek, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Ben Lemons of Imperial, Mo., Ivan Lemons of Zalma; four daughters, Alma Hanks of Advance, Connie Caldwell of Puxico, Mo., Brenda Webb of Algona, Iowa, Linda Lemons of Zalma; a brother, Jim Stroup of Zalma; two sisters, Helen Reynolds of Zalma, Betty Buttry of Advance; 14 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, two sisters, two grandchildren and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gary Cooper officiating. Private burial will be Friday at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.