- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sharon Lee Simpson, 52, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, March 13, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Aug. 29, 1954, in St. Louis, daughter of Harold Leroy and Betty Sue Coats Simpson.
Simpson had been a secretary at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She was formerly of Scott City, and a member of Illmo Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Aaron Johnston of St. Louis; a daughter, Laura Johnston of Columbia, Mo.; her father of Jackson; and a sister, Linda Flanagan of Tyler, Texas.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the chapel. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.